What Personal Information Does Whiteselectronics.com Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continuously improve your experience at Whiteselectronics.com. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, improving our products, product offerings and website, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Whiteselectronics.com.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Whiteselectronics.com if your computer supports such capabilities.
What's Up With Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that Whiteselectronics.com transfers to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to allow our systems to recognize your browser and to provide personalized logins and to store items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to enjoy a convenient and enriched shopping experience so we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Does Whiteselectronics.com Share the Information It Receives?
Whiteselectronics.com is not in the business of selling its information to others. We share customer information only as described below.
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include processing credit card payments. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Protection of Whiteselectronics.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Whiteselectronics.com our users, or others.
This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Whiteselectronics.com does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children's products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use Whiteselectronics.com only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
You provide such information when you search, buy or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you place an order through Whiteselectronics.com; provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us); communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; or participated in Suggest A Product. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number; and product preferences.